Thursday, November 29, 2007
Impromptu pampering...
I was treated to a mini makeover today. I was on my way home from a doctor appointment and stopped to pick up a few items at the grocery store. I was browsing around in the deli when a woman approached me and (obviously aware that my hair was in need of help) offered to give me a free hair cut and highlights at a salon next door that had just opened. She needed two models to work on (practice on) and I figured a little trim couldn't hurt. Plus, it was an aveda salon, and I love aveda products. I've never had highlights before but they convinced me it wouldn't take too long and I know they're normally really expensive. So I went for it. Nearly 3 hours later, I walked out with a new look. Which I'm sure I will never be able to reproduce. Micaela was kind enough to entertain Amelia for nearly half the day while I was pampered. These monthly doctor visits aren't too bad...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh MY, you look like a Bronson in this picture. Are you sure this is not a photoshop job? What did Ben say? It's almost like your blonde wig. Does Amelia keep asking, "Where's Mom?"
ReplyDeleteBen thought I was wearing my Switzerland wig too. Amelia looked at me a little funny when I picked her up. It's actually even more blonde than the picture.
ReplyDeleteLooks great! So fun that you got it all for free. Sweet!
ReplyDeleteWow! Who is that! Looks great and what a crazy story. I'd say that's a "pick up line" any girl would love (free pampering, no strings attached).
ReplyDelete