Ben and I couldn't resist squeezing in one more trip before baby #2. Micaela was kind enough (as always) to watch Amelia. We went to Annapolis and had a wonderfully relaxing time despite the stormy weather. We avoided rain and crowds Friday evening and were able to stroll around Main Street and the waterfront and even enjoy a private boat cruise of the area. We had some delicious seafood for dinner and made a stop at the fudge shop to cure my constant sweet tooth. We stayed in the historic Maryland Inn right in the heart of everything. Saturday morning, Ben found a great place for my Mother's Day brunch (a day early) at Cafe Normandie. The food was excellent. Before heading out of town, I couldn't resist a sign at an ice cream parlor that said "best hot chocolate in Annapolis" and I must agree, it was delicious.

We were even able to finish off the evening with a trip to the Washington D.C. temple. It looked so pretty at dusk. It's going to be hard to cut back on all these outings...
No comments:
Post a Comment