Monday, July 14, 2008

Enthusiastically promoting the following:

1. Archer Farms (Target brand) Chocolate Chunk Hazelnut Biscotti Granola. So delicious. My favorite mid-morning snack right now is a vanilla yogurt parfait with this granola and some strawberries.

2. Trader Joes. It's small, cheap, delicious, and kid-friendly. I first learned of Trader Joes when we lived in Arizona many years ago and were fortunate enough to have one just a short walk from our house. The employees are always so helpful, there are free samples, mini shopping carts for Amelia, and she always leaves with a balloon and a sticker and a smile on her face (until her balloon pops on the way home). The Trader Joes in Old Town even has a stuffed animal named "Henry, the Old Town dog" which gets hidden somewhere in the store and if your child finds it, he gets a prize and gets to hide it for the next kid. Grocery shopping has never been so delightful (and tasty). Favorite purchase this week: Dark chocolate almonds.

3. Multigrain Tostitos. (Jill, I know you're with me on this one.) I realize that just because they are "multigrain" does not mean they are healthy. A chip is a chip. I wouldn't be surprised to see bottled water labeled multigrain these days. But these things are completely addictive.

4. XMU on XM Satellite radio. Great new music.

5. Phil and Teds strollers. No, I do not have one. Yes, I want one. It would solve all of my strolling needs. But would not help my budget.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the great tips! I was especially excited about the Phil and Ted's strollers. How cool are those?! It would be so nice to haul 2 kids in such a nice compact space! The double strollers that we have are excellent, but HUGE!

    I'm dreaming of a Trader Joe's in Cache Valley. I think I'll be dreaming for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I better start a fund for a Phil & Ted's stroller now, so that maybe I can get one when we have our next!
    Also just wanted to tell you that I saw some wonderful home video footage Sunday where you look an awful lot like Amelia! So stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love granola, but granola with chocolate and hazelnut sounds divine. Now I have two good reasons to go to Target (method soap being the first).

    Trader Joes is good, very good (especially those almonds).

    Just got XM radio and I was going to ask you what your favorite stations were. I guess that's the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when people post their favorite things on their blog I learn so much, like Phil and Teds strollers. Never heard of it, looked it up, and they look awesome! By the way, Ben thinks I am doing good eating multi grain chips all the time, so dont let him know they are no more healthy than other chips. I will never go back!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...