Every summer we hear the pleasing sound of crickets outside our house. It's a pleasant sound of summer...until that sound is coming from a corner of our bedroom in the middle of the night. A few weeks ago, Tropical Storm Hanna drove hundreds of crickets into our house. Every day we kill several of these huge black hopping creatures throughout our house. It's usually an amusing game of whac-a-mole that ends in a mess. I have actually had the unfortunate experience of unintentionally squashing a few crickets with my bare feet walking through the kitchen at night, which is actually pretty impressive since they are quick.
I was so proud of Amelia this morning when she spotted a cricket and yelled out "I'll get it" as she ran to get a shoe (Ben's shoe, as I've trained her). She then exclaimed "I totally got it! His guts are coming out his bottom!" and was quick to tell me I "forgot a leg" when I cleaned it up.

Laundry room cricket. Moments before death.
is that thing wearing body armor?
ReplyDeleteWe are having similar problems with fruit flies. Ethan now goes around clapping to get rid of them. :)
ReplyDelete