Sunday, November 16, 2008

Plan B?

My blog has always intended to serve two purposes. The first is to keep family and friends who are far away updated with our lives. The second is to periodically convert my blog into a printed book and use that as our family photo album. I already have over 30 photo albums and space is becoming an issue. The blog book is the perfect solution. However, Blurb, the company that converts blogs into lovely books, no longer supports Blogger. Does anyone know of another place that will do the blog-to-book conversion?

7 comments:

  1. I downloaded blurb yesterday to do the same thing. I was so ticked. Let me know if you find anything else. I found a really cheesy scrapbook site. Supposedly Lulu.com does, but i haven't checked it out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're killing me, that was going to be a Christmas gift to myself. Let me know if you find another program and I will also look around. I am NOT a scrapbook person so I thought I was covered with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, you are the third of 4th person I have heard say this and I was hoping it was a fluke....this is really annoying, does Blurb know how many people it is annoying? Maybe we could all gang up on them. I'll do some more research....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had blurb publish my book last year so it is a relatively recent change. I will contact the guy who made my book and see if he has any suggestions...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andy just wrote me back. He said that blurb has not updated their software to keep up with the improvements on blogger yet. They have said that they are hoping to have software compatible with blogger "sometime in 2009". In the meantime, the guy who did my book was AMAZING and he can still make you a blog to book conversion through blurb in a technical round about sort of way. Let me know if you are interested and I can put you in touch with him. Again, he was incredible and I love my blog book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope blurb makes their updates soon. My blog is also my journal/annual photo album.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We were also ultra disappointed that blogger isn't supported. We were planning on exporting our blog and importing it into another (supported) blogsite. But if blogger will be supported again soon . . .

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...