Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My 2008 movie pick:



I thought this movie was spectacular. When it comes to movie reviews and movies in general, I should really turn things over to Ben. So I'll just say that I highly recommend this movie.

During our Christmas vacation we finally got around to seeing The Dark Knight. It was good, although I think I liked Batman Begins better. We also saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and while I did enjoy it, it was a bit long.

Two other favorites from this past year (although released earlier...I'm a little slow) were The Diving Bell and the Butterfly and Once.

Feel free to share your favorites...

5 comments:

  1. Man on Wire is currently on its way to our house - I'm even more excited to see it now!

    I would have to pick Persepolis for my most memorable film of 2008. I have a sadly small number to choose from, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we really liked Persepolis as well. And like you, there are still a lot of movies from this past year that we have yet to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll put Man on Wire and Persepolis next on our Netflix list! I love the children's book of the same story. We saw Son of Ranbow the other night. Kind of rough. Kind of heart-breaking. We were expecting something lighter... I agree about the Dark Knight; yikes! Joker was so very intense. I kind of had a stomach-ache throughout. Keep your reviews coming, Sarah. You guys have great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I have to join the masses and switch my vote to Slumdog Millionaire. Dan and I saw it on Saturday and we both loved it. As far as the rating goes, The Dark Knight gave me much more of a stomache-ache (to use Brooke's words). Really, an awesome movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ben and I would really like to see Slumdog Millionaire. We'll have to make that our next date night...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...