Sunday, September 6, 2009

Farewells are lame.

Ben arrived in Turkey this morning. I don't know much, except this is the view from his hotel window:



He will be gone for 5 weeks. I'm sincerely hoping it is a quick 5 weeks. He is getting things ready over there (Istanbul) for the World Bank's Annual Meetings at the beginning of October.

Unfortunately, his last day with us was spent doing awesome things like laundry, restocking mouse poison in the crawl space under our house, discovering a problem with our A/C and finding a repairman to come fix it (owning a house is kind of lame), packing, and signing a last will and testament. Yep. That last one was particularly fun.

However, we were able to get out for one last date before he left. We enjoyed a delicious and quiet evening in Old Town at the historic Gadsby's Tavern. I had "George Washington's favorite" which was excellent (glazed duckling with scalloped potatoes, corn pudding, rhotekraut and port wine orange glacee).

2 comments:

  1. I would love to help you out in the next 5 weeks -- babysitting, meals, whatever. I'll be in touch.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...