Appetizers:
Bowl of Mussels in a broth of tomato, chorizo, garlic and herbs with crusty bread...I don't usually go for mussels, but these were really good.
Gnudi (ricotta dumplings on tomato and eggplant fondue with spinach and crisp prosciutto)...soooo yummy...and look at those big flakes of parmesan!
Main course:
Braised Lamb Shank on chick peas, with yogurt, pita, pomegranate, mint and pine nuts (bad photo, but really yummy dish)
Mushroom Pappardelle with butternut squash, roasted chestnuts, Brussels sprouts and Parmesan (more giant shavings of parmesan!!) (It was only recently that I realized they are called brussels sprouts, not brussel sprouts)
Dessert:
German Chocolate Mousse Cake in a roasted banana sauce
mmmm...
Butterscotch Pudding with cocoa crisps and chantilly cream
(A note about this pudding. When Ben took his first bite, he literally went limp in his chair. He couldn't even breathe. Ben loves butterscotch pudding. And this was the world's best butterscotch pudding.)
(Little did I know this would be my last meal for a few days...)
After our phenomenal lunch, we enjoyed a stroll around the Jefferson Memorial to enjoy the fabulous weather. I brought my new Diana Mini along for some photo fun. More photos to come when I get them developed...

This squirrel was so suspicious. And so fat.
After we picked up the girls, we took them to get their second dose of the H1N1 vaccine and Ben and I joined in on the action. After that fun family outing, we needed to enjoy the weather a bit more so we headed to Lake Accotink for a little stroll.
hope you are recovering, let me know if you need anything. Love the yummy food pictures
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lot of fun. I love food.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I have been looking for boots just like yours! They are awesome. Where did you get them?
Rachel, I had been looking all over for brown boots that I liked (and weren't a million dollars) and I finally scored these in Germany. Doesn't help your search though...
ReplyDelete