Tuesday, July 6, 2010

D.C. Fireworks Spectacular

We decided to watch the fireworks from the Washington Monument again this year. It's a great spot with a nice view of the Lincoln and the thousands of people in between. It was HOT. Like 100 degrees hot. Luckily our friends showed up with a big umbrella and saved us all.

As we were walking to our spot, I realized I left my camera battery at home in the charger. Ben, knowing that I don't do well without a camera, was kind enough to walk back to his office (where we had parked) and bring me one of his work cameras.





Amelia took every opportunity she could to read books to anyone who would listen:







(Elsa finds a nice spot for coloring.)


The crowd begins to grow.




How many children can you fit in front of a tiny DVD player?









We were really surprised when the fireworks started and it still seemed fairly light out. It was beautiful with the sunset.








(There is actually a plane going by under the fireworks.)



And a video of the finale (especially for Graysen and Naomi):

4 comments:

  1. You guys were brave to face the crowds! We missed watching it this year and had to settle for watching it on PBS..oh how we miss DC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I just saw more fireworks in that 90 second clip than I did in the 2 fireworks shows I saw (of course in Utah, we celebrated on the 3rd and the 5th - lame...)
    So thanks for giving me a little more entertainment. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a really fun Fourth. And congrats on the upcoming baby! I can't believe you already know what you're having and you don't even look pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty firework pictures. Had to laugh when Amelia said that her swim teacher looked like a water policeman. Ethan keeps asking when he gets to see Amelia. We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...