Saturday, January 21, 2012

hair.

I think I'm finally getting used to Oliver's short hair. He was almost unrecognizable at first. I didn't realize how much of his identity was in his hair. I gave him a bad haircut a few months ago. Partly because he wouldn't sit still. And mostly because I don't know how to cut hair. And then when it started growing out, it was looking even worse. So on a whim one night last week we decided to cut it and Ben just ended up taking the clippers to it.

His new hairdo must have given him the inspiration he needed to start walking. He took his first steps a few days later. Like with most other things, he insisted on learning completely on his own. In the past we have attempted to hold his hands and help him walk, but he would immediately plop himself down and get upset. This kid is going to learn things his way and in his own time. When we're not looking, he likes to practice walking in the kitchen.

Something to note in the photos below: Oliver's awesome legwarmer socks. My sister made them for him (by sewing together baby socks and women's knee high socks) and they are brilliant! No matter how hard he tries, Oliver can't pull these socks off. And they keep his legs extra warm under pants when we go out.

Something else to note: Ben's semi-annual beard. Which will probably disappear soon.

















4 comments:

  1. Wow, you weren't kidding! He's a totally new kid. And just as cute as before!

    Dan's going to be jealous of that awesome beard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors in the photos. Ben's salt & pepper goes well with the socks (although, a lot of salt this year...). I'm glad the socks are working out. I tried to put some on Genghis the other day but realized mine are all 0-3mo size socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oliver is so very cute! His haircut does make him look different. I think he looks younger acutally. Nice beard Ben! Nate did grow out a full beard recently, but it is now trimmed down to a goatie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep the beard! Oliver looks so cute with his hair short.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...