Saturday, March 17, 2012

it's all about the cake.

I had a delightful birthday last Sunday. It was so nice to hear from family and friends who called, emailed, texted, and sent packages. The girls brought me numerous homemade cards throughout the day. Ben cooked a delicious dinner (butternut squash and lentil soup). The highlight was the amazing cake he made me. A crème fraîche chocolate bundt cake with chocolate ganache to be exact. (Recipe can be found here.)

It was incredible. Chocolatey and delicious and baked to perfection with a perfectly smooth ganache. And not overly sweet. Sadly, I developed a cold that night and couldn't smell or taste for the next four days so I couldn't enjoy the leftovers. But that might have been for the best. Because I think I would have devoured the whole cake. Amelia has already requested that Ben make this cake for her birthday too.





Ben even added a lovely finishing touch with strawberries and cream.

1 comment:

  1. Can I also request that Ben make this for my birthday as well?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...