On Elsa's actual birthday, she woke up angry because she wasn't any taller or bigger. "I just don't feel like I'm four." She quickly got over that and remembered there were more presents waiting for her. I asked her what she wanted to do for her birthday dinner and she said "go to frog hop!!" (She can never remember IHOP.) Silly face pancakes at IHOP it was. Followed by her second request, a trip to the pet store so she could look longingly at all of the pets her parents will never allow her to have. After that it was leftover cake from the camping party, opening presents, and trying out her new bike.
She woke up the next morning and asked if she was five. And then burst into tears when I told her she would be four for an entire year.
She has been telling everyone who will listen that she is now FOUR years old! When I'm not paying attention at the store, I usually turn around to find her engaged in a conversation with a stranger about her abilities as a four-year-old.
Elsa is loud, fun, adventurous, incredibly sweet, and the life of the party. I'm glad she'll be four for a whole year.
It didn't take Oliver long to figure out that he could stand on the bags of rocks and get his hands right down into those fish tanks.
Amelia had several homemade gifts and cards for Elsa to unwrap.
She is one of my most favorite little girls!
ReplyDeleteHi Sarah! I found you through California Pixie (my sister's name is Sarah). :) You have an adorable family. Isn't four a fabulous age?! (Well, aren't they ALL?!!)
ReplyDeleteThank you! Isn't California Pixie so fun?! I'm loving it.
DeleteI love that Elsa girl! Give Elsa a squeeze from us and a big Happy Birthday!
ReplyDelete