We spent our last day in Utah checking out the new City Creek Center downtown and walking around Temple Square.
We
were so glad that Micaela and her kids met us downtown. The kids had
fun running around together and especially loved playing in the
fountains at City Creek.
Lunch in the food court. Chick-fil-A for the kids, Red Iguana for the adults. Yum.
We took a tour of the Conference Center. I love the views from the roof.
(The
building Ben and I lived in after we got married...the tall brown one
in the center. We loved the views from our balcony and being able to
walk everywhere downtown.)
With all the vegetation growing, you can't even tell you're on the roof of a building.
The
apartment building in the Avenues I lived in when I met Ben. I'm kind
of surprised it's still standing. Mine was the one with the open window.
The girls weren't that excited about our nostalgia tour.
We
went to one of our favorite spots for dinner...Ruth's Diner. It's in a
beautiful location in the canyon and the patio dining is so pleasant.
Plus, the food is yummy.
After
dinner we were able to hang out with Ben's friend Spencer and his
family again. The kids had so much fun playing together until late at
night.
We survived our flight home the next day, with
the usual mix of delays and other problems. We were happy we got to take
three different trips in the past few months to visit family, but we're
relieved to be done flying for a bit. Flying with small children just
might be more painful than giving birth to them. And nearly as
expensive. But it's always worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment