Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Meeting Simon.

The girls had been asking for several weeks exactly when the baby was going to be born. They weren't satisfied with the answer that we just didn't know. Every night when they went to bed they would get excited saying "maybe he will be born tonight!" Oliver would pat my belly throughout the pregnancy and say "baby come out!"

The night before I was induced, the girls were concerned that we didn't have a name for the baby. Neither of them had offered any suggestions and they disliked every name we told them. Elsa declared that she had finally come up with a possible name. Bernard! Amelia thought we should have a family vote between Simon and Bernard. Nobody voted for Bernard, not even Elsa.

So Simon it was. His middle name, Robert, is my dad's name.

It was so fun to see the kids come into the hospital room and meet Simon for the first time. They were giddy with excitement and declared him to be the cutest baby ever.






Grandma Olsen meets Simon.








Grandma and Grandpa Black stopped by for a visit.


3 comments:

  1. It's so fun to see more pictures of Simon. I laughed out loud when I read Elsa wanted Bernard. Glad you went with Simon. He is the one of the cutest babies ever. Hope you all are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad no one voted for Bernard. :) Such precious pictures, Sarah. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where in the world did Elsa get Bernard? So funny! I think Simon suits him! Beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...