Monday, May 13, 2013

my mom.

We were so incredibly grateful to have my mom with us for a few weeks when Simon was born. It was so helpful to have an extra pair of hands as we adjusted to life with a newborn. And helped three other kids adjust to the new family dynamics. The kids loved the extra attention from Grandma. She brought a game for the girls called Frog Juice that they loved playing with her. And Grandma indulged Oliver in his love of the book "One Was Johnny" and introduced him to the YouTube video of the Carole King song.

My mom has a special touch when it comes to babies. She's always able to calm them down. She was always willing to hold Simon which I particularly miss as I'm having to do many things one-handed these days. She would sacrifice sleep at night to take turns getting Simon back to sleep after he would eat. She even managed to get him to sleep for 8 hours straight one night! Yes, she's amazing. (She also probably sacrificed sleep by having to share a room with Amelia and Elsa.)

We miss you mom!

First bath!

Simon's first outing to Five Guys.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have her. I'm also glad she was there for you and your kids during that sacred time when the baby babe first comes home.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...