Thursday, October 3, 2013

First day of school.


Amelia started third grade with Mrs. Reed. She has a small class (16 kids) which is really nice and she likes school so far. Although we're both tired of nightly homework already.


 
Elsa started kindergarten with Mrs. Savio and Mrs. Lay. She was so excited to finally go to "Amelia's school" and has loved every minute of it. She has already made lots of friends and loves her class. Her only complaint is that she doesn't have homework yet.











Oliver was sad to see his sisters go and frequently asks "where's Elsa?" while they are at school. (He typically refers to both girls as Elsa.) But I think he is enjoying the extra attention at home. It's fun to walk the girls home from school and hear stories about their day. At least when they're not arguing about who gets to talk first.


Oliver started a weekly playdate with two of his buddies, Calvin and Peter. They get to bring their lunch which they love. We rotate houses each week and the boys have fun playing together. It's certainly different to see boys interact. I'm slowly transitioning from girls at home to boys at home.


We had to scrounge up a lunch box and backpack for Oliver. All I could find was this fairy bag. He didn't seem to mind.


Ben and I took advantage of Oliver's playdate and enjoyed some pastries at Best Buns in Shirlington with a sleeping Simon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...