Thursday, January 9, 2014

first day of school. north carolina edition.

The girls were pretty nervous for their first day at their new school (I think I was just as nervous as they were). I was so relieved to find them smiling when I picked them up and giving me positive reviews of their new classes. Both girls have made friends and seem to be doing well. And as a huge bonus, Amelia's homework load has greatly decreased. Wahoo! We eventually got them added to the bus route and their bus stop is our driveway. Super convenient. They are happy to not be wearing uniforms anymore but I miss them. The school system around here is crazy and the other kids on our street all go to different schools. It's complicated. We found out after we moved here that we have the option of switching to a year round school next year. Which is actually kind of tempting. The year round schedule, not the switching schools part.




Playing in the leaves after school. We had just finished raking at our old house before we moved and then had a whole new yard to rake when we arrived. Some leaves still hadn't fallen in the beginning of December. (And we still haven't finished raking.)


Sometimes the kids walk across the street after school to watch the horses.

2 comments:

  1. I grew up having year round school and loved it! I wish my kids could do it. So awesome to be able to take vacations when less crowded. I have fond memories of traditions made (as I was always on the same tract) going to different seasonal events that I'm sure I wouldn't have gone to had I been in on the traditional schedule.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...