Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Scrap Exchange

I read about The Scrap Exchange online somewhere and immediately knew we needed to check it out. It's a creative reuse center in Durham. Basically a giant warehouse full of old stuff. All kinds of stuff. The idea is to promote creativity and environmental awareness through reuse. They also have a design center, art gallery, and a room for making crafts onsite or having parties.

Plus they had crazy tunnels right through the aisles that the kids could walk through, almost like a maze through the store. We picked up a few random things like some petri dishes (you know, in case we need to grow some bacteria), test tubes, and rubber stamps. I bought 56 small glass bottles. Just because they were pretty and only $5 for the whole flat. There were old doors and windows, fabric bolts, spools of stuff, old photographs, egg cartons, just barrels full of random items. Perfect place for craft project supplies. I'm sure we'll be back.










Bonus! We found a place nearby that had hot, fresh tortillas for only 90 cents/pound. Yum.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...