Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Birthday Hike

I had a fabulous birthday with lots of fun activities. Ben surprised me with a babysitter and a lunch date on Friday. We went to Irregardless Cafe in Raleigh and had a delicious meal. Saturday morning I went on a run and then Saturday afternoon we went on a family hike at Umstead State Park. We intended to do a 3 mile hike but ended up taking a longer loop and it turned into 5 miles. The kids were such troopers and I loved that time outside with them. Hikes are always a great place for easy conversations and I love that time in nature without distractions.

The girls helped Ben make a yummy chocolate bundt cake and I opened gifts. I'm super excited about my new kayak! Amelia babysat Saturday night and Ben surprised me with tickets to a really great production of Twelfth Night in Chapel Hill. It was a fantastic day with my favorite people.





























No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...