Ben finally had a few days off after a crazy few weeks at work, so we headed down to Williamsburg to visit our wonderful friends the Dyckmans. It was fun to see Amelia getting into trouble with Ethan again. Ben and I got to stroll around Colonial Williamsburg at night and enjoy the beautiful candlelit buildings and frigid temperatures. We warmed up in a lovely cafe with some European drinking chocolate which was fabulous. The next day we toured Jamestown, which is celebrating it's 400th anniversary this year. We just squeezed that one in. Despite the cold, it was really fun and Ethan and Amelia had fun chasing each other through the Indian huts and asking what all the dead animal furs were. I have definitely learned a lot more about American history since we've lived here in Virginia.
I glad you guys had so much fun! We wish we could have been there with you.
ReplyDelete