Monday, February 18, 2008

It doesn't get more presidential than this.

We celebrated Presidents' Day by taking part in the free admission day at Mount Vernon. We ended up with fabulous weather this morning. When we headed out before 9 this morning, it was already 60 degrees. We actually broke a sweat walking around the expansive grounds of George's estate. We passed a Krispy Kreme on the way home and couldn't resist. And to top it off, we got some Chinese take-out and enjoyed it on the backyard patio. Some rain made its way through this afternoon so we settled down to watch a ridiculously funny documentary, "The King of Kong". It ranks right up there with "Trekkies".

5 comments:

  1. What a great way to celebrate. I'm pretty sure my kids had no idea what the holiday was, they just knew they didn't have school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! You are in for a big shock this weekend when you come to Wisconsin! No presidents and NO warm weather here. I may go back with you if this cold keeps up. I hope it warms up to 20 next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah! I found your blog through Wendi's and loved to get a peek at your life. I hope you don't mind but I wanted to check it again so I linked it to my blog but I can remove it if you are uncomfortable with that.

    And Amelia's curls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome holiday! And we have been wanting to see the King of Kong... we'll have to check it out now that you've endorsed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You guys must be livin' right or something [cue the 1988 Glenn Frey smash hit]. First it's skiing and sledding in Utah; then it's sashaying around the Colosseum in Rome; and now this. Your last month has been an embarrassment of riches.

    I spent my entire President's Day painting doors.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...