Besides having an absolutely fabulous band name, My Morning Jacket puts on a seriously rockin' concert. Ben and I were able to go to their show in D.C. last night at DAR Constitution Hall. We ended up with pretty decent seats (other than the world's tallest couple that was seated in front of us) and they played for over 2 1/2 hours. I saw them perform exactly 6 years ago in a very small venue as the opening act for Doves. I couldn't remember much from that show except there was a lot of hair involved and they rocked out hard on stage despite my impression that they were somewhat mellow. Last night's show did not disappoint with equal amounts of hair and rock. The crowd was quite eclectic and entertaining to watch. (We also didn't feel too old for this concert, considering that there was an old man sitting next to us who actually kept dozing off.) The lead singer is a great performer and is one of the few that can get away with wearing a cape on stage.



A few sound bites for those interested:
(Yes, there were bears on the stage.)
On a side note, after we left the concert, there were guys on the street selling balloons filled with some sort of gaseous substance. People were passing by them unphased or else they were sitting on the curb enjoying whatever was in these balloons. I realized we must be completely unhip since we had no idea what the deal with the orange balloons was. Thank goodness for google searches. Turns out they were selling nitrous oxide for a quick high. Brilliant.
Nothing can compare to live music! I'm glad you were able to go and it looks like a great show. That bear has a sweet poncho.
ReplyDelete