Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hot Air Balloon Festival

On Saturday we drove out to western Virginia for a Hot Air Balloon Festival. The drive was incredibly beautiful (after we managed to get out of the usual Saturday morning traffic around D.C.) and we had fun at the festival. The only thing missing was the hot air balloons. Due to the high wind, they couldn't send any balloons up. We'll have to try again next year because I can only imagine how beautiful it would have been.





Amelia showing disappointment that the balloons were grounded.


We had to attempt the fried candy bar.


Amelia loved playing in the children's straw maze.


Who doesn't love a good lawn mower race?





We took a hayride out to some horse stables and had fun petting various animals.

2 comments:

  1. We went to a hot air balloon festival in Maine 2 years ago and were supposed to go up, but weather was bad. The day before we watched a friend go up, and it is really amazing. We tried again 2 months later here in Virginia, but same thing happened...maybe someday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. The Balloon Festival in Hunstville is incredible to see, but I don't think they have fried candy bars. Jipped! How was it? Also, I think I'll have to instigate lawn mower races here. What a lovely event.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...