Saturday, December 13, 2008

A series of unfortunate events...

It started out as a quick trip to Costco to pick up mainly one item that could only be found at Costco. We arrived with just enough time to shop and get home for lunch. I got the kids loaded up in the shopping cart and stopped at the entrance to pull out my Costco card to show the "door guard" that I was a legitimate customer. My wallet was not in my bag. I had left it in another bag that I used the night before. This never happens. There was nothing to do but load the kids back in the car and drive all the way home and retrieve my wallet. It should be noted that Costco is not close to my house. We returned, with wallet, and I loaded the kids in the cart and proceeded to do my shopping. We enjoyed the samples and then headed to the checkout with enough time to make it home for a late lunch. I opened my wallet to pay and my debit card was missing. Of course it was missing. Costco only takes a debit card (or cash or check but who really carries that around) or their own American Express card. I called Ben to call the bank and cancel my card in case it had been stolen and then I was escorted to the service desk where I had to resort to applying for an American Express card and then returned to the checkout and went through the whole process of checking out again.

We returned home and I got the kids inside and fed and down for naps. I got distracted with various tasks and about 2 hours after we returned home, I realized that I never brought in my Costco groceries. Some of it may have spoiled, but we're eating it anyway.

I found my debit card in one of Amelia's signature piles. When questioned about it, she replied "Oh, yeah, that's my pile of cards."

3 comments:

  1. I have been there and it is not fun. Sorry your day was so exhausting. It looks like you had a wonderful weekend though. Your girls are both so beautiful. We finally started a blog. If you would like an invite send me an e-mail at jasnaub@gmail.com
    Thanks,
    Aubrianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't those days just a bugger. Good thing you have a million other wonderful things going on all the time to over-ride crummy Costco trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry! I have been having days like that too often! In fact just yesterday...I finally made it to the post office (for the second time) to mail off some stuff and they only took cash or check. I had just run out of my last check earlier that day. Ughh! Back to the post office for the 3rd time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...