Thursday, September 24, 2009

I can't believe that worked.

In celebration of the beginning of Fall, I bought a spaghetti squash. (Although with the heat and humidity we had today, it did not feel like Fall in the least.) Then I realized that it was very unlikely that my children would eat it, and I would be left to consume an entire squash.

There is all kinds of "advice" out there about feeding your children a variety of foods when they're younger so they won't be picky later on. Well, that's a nice theory but it didn't do any good with my kids. They both ate whatever I put in front of them early on, but now they can both be pretty picky. Very picky. Particularly Elsa right now. Amelia just has an aversion to green things. So I cooked the squash and was going to make some pasta. But then I decided I would attempt to use the spaghetti squash in place of spaghetti noodles and add some pasta sauce and meatballs and see what would happen.

And they ate it.

And Amelia asked for seconds. HA!

4 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...