Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sheepish.

Amelia was soooo excited to be a sheep in the nativity play at our church Christmas party this year. Like most of the other kids her age, she spent most of her time playing with the bale of hay on the stage and not really paying any attention. Oh. And picking her nose. She spent a LOT of time picking her nose. While the other kids were singing. It was lovely. But she was so proud and happy to be in the play.

Conversation afterward:
Me: I didn't know sheep picked their noses...
Amelia: Sheep DON'T pick their noses. But sheep people do.






(Amelia is sitting by the hay.)


Caught in the act!

The girls were really excited to see Santa. Elsa has learned to say Santa and "ho ho ho." I was hoping Amelia wouldn't want to sit in his lap so we could avoid standing in the line, but surprisingly, she really wanted to see him this time.

Conversation afterward:
Amelia: MOM!!! I told Santa what I wanted for Christmas!!!!
Me: What?
Amelia: A Barbie Camper....(thoughtful pause...) OH NO!!!! I forgot to tell him I want a doll house too...(distraught face)
Me: We can write him a letter.
Amelia: Oh yeah...(great relief)




Elsa didn't know what she wanted for Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. Joseph was a donkey in our Nativity at the church party when he was 3 or 4 and spent most of the time up there with his finger in his nose. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that your girls made it on to Santa's lap. Ethan was sitting on my lap looking at your blog too when I caught him picking his nose. It must be an epidemic. :) Then he saw the picture of Amelia and said..."look, she's picking her nose too." Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had the EXACT conversation with Anna after seeing Santa. Except she told him she wanted a dollhouse and forgot about the Handy Manny Tool Table. Good thing we have the mail system.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...