(Friday, 4:30 p.m.)
We hit the grocery store yesterday around noon along with everyone else in the area. I got the last bunch of bananas in the store. We didn't even need bananas. I just panicked. I think I've lived in Virginia too long.
When we pulled into the grocery store parking lot, I guess I was ranting a bit about the crowds. Amelia, often the voice of reason, said "mom, stop freaking out. calm down. look, there are lots of parking spaces." And after we left, she said "see, it wasn't that bad. the aisles weren't that crowded." Whatever. It WAS crowded. We were just lucky they still had milk.
We headed to Target this morning for one last chance to leave the house and pick up a few items. Stopped at Krispy Kreme for breakfast...
Unfortunately, Ben's flight into D.C. tomorrow was cancelled so we'll be snowed in without him. Not fun. But being stuck in Paris isn't so bad.
I feel your pain. I hate that I'm here, snowed in with the girls while Drew is relaxing in Utah (skiing, and apparently today he got a massage).
ReplyDelete