Friday, September 17, 2010

Dancer



Amelia has been wanting to take a dance class for a long time. I finally got her signed up for a ballet/tap class at a local studio. She was SO excited for her first dance class this week. She practically ran home from school and is already counting down the days until the next class. Her teacher, Miss Tiffany, told me that she asked Amelia if she had taken a dance class before and Amelia said "I dance every day at home." Her teacher said she was really excited to work with Amelia because she had a lot of potential. When I mentioned the dance class to my dad, he said he hoped they didn't stifle Amelia's creativity...knowing that she has a very, well, free style of dance.

I took some photos of Amelia after class in the studio. While Amelia was having fun posing, Elsa was busy hanging upside down from the bar. She's less the graceful type and more the, uh, Elsa type.











4 comments:

  1. Oh I loved seeing this post... I took ballet classes my whole life until I got pregnant with Jake. (Beware it can get expensive but worth every penny.) I had boxes and boxes of stinky pointe shoes that I couldn't throw away because of all the memories and hard work that killed each pair of shoes off. I finally threw them all away except for two pairs my first pair and another just before I got married. I hope she continues to love her class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she looks so pretty and so adult. i think she could really go somewhere as a ballerina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks like she's in her element.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do Irish dace!So we both do dance!

    Naomi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...