Friday, December 3, 2010

What do we do now?



My mom left today after spending three weeks here helping out. It is going to be hard to adjust to her absence, especially with Ben traveling most of the month. She helped us out tremendously and I'm so blessed to have such a selfless mom who would spend so much time away from home to do things like change diapers, bathe children, and put up with a certain five-year-old's sassy behavior.

I would often walk past a sink of dirty dishes and make a note to do them and the next time I would pass by, they would be gone. Laundry was done, meals were made, my microwave got cleaned, the girls' hair got cut, and I was able to run errands without kids and get Amelia to and from school without taking the other kids.

Not to mention that my mom has a magic touch when it comes to babies. She would often get Oliver back to sleep after middle-of-the-night feedings so I could go back to bed. I even got to sleep for 6 hours straight last night while she managed to keep Oliver sleeping.

And on top of it all, she made a crib skirt, hemmed some curtains, made pillows for my couch, knitted an outfit for Oliver, and helped me with some Christmas crafts. And worked full-time from my house.

So yeah. I'm not sure what we'll do without her. Thanks for all of your help mom. We love you and miss you already!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah-safe to say you have a pretty amazing mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm...I should have giving Mom more sewing projects while she was here. Mental note for next time.

    And yes, Mom has a magic touch with newborns in the middle of the night. I've never had to feed Genghis more often than every 3.5 hours during the night because of her soothing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love moms they are the best. Hey let me know if you need any help we can come get your girls to play one day. good luck with ben gone. If you want to just get out come down here you are always welcome to just hang out at our house.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...