Monday, May 23, 2011

Cardboard Box Party!

My inspiration for Elsa's cardboard box party came from this post on Hello Lucky. I loved the idea of getting creative with boxes (and what kid doesn't love to play with a box?) so I took the theme and we went crazy. Ben and I had fun staying up late every night for a week coming up with new cardboard box creations. It's a good thing there was a deadline because we may have never stopped. Elsa had such a great time with all of her friends. Whenever someone would tell her "happy birthday," she would respond with "happy birthday!" We love our spunky little 3 year old.






















(Ben's awesome castle had a working drawbridge!)






















(Six kids fit inside the rocket.)




(The kids had fun coloring all over the boxes. And themselves.)





Eating their box lunches:







(In honor of Elsa's love for nutella, we had peanut butter and nutella brownies and nutella cookies.)




(I didn't notice that the cupcakes ended up in the sun...melted frosting!)














(The party favors.)

6 comments:

  1. What a fun party for such a cute little girl!! You are a creative genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY MOLY! This is the cutest idea I have ever seen! I love it, love it, love it! It looks like a ton of work- (I'm still have nightmares from the 3-D design class at USU where we had to build a chair out of cardboard), but one of those projects that is so absolutely worth the effort! I love it and want to copy you someday, if I may. How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! I thought about my cardboard chair from USU a LOT while we were doing this party. Kind of wished I still had it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the bonfire we had for your cardboard chair was a fitting conclusion.

    This was such a great idea!! They looked like they were having a blast!! And I loved the boxed lunches and little boxed party favors!! All amazing!! Elsa looks thrilled to be the queen of her castle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative! What a fun idea. I can't believe that Elsa is 3!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah your parties are almost amazing and this one is no exception. I'm so, so impressed. Looks like a lot of fun and I love how well you stuck to your theme.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...