Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dance Recital

Amelia had fun performing in her first dance recital Saturday evening. She did an amazing job. Judging by the reaction of the audience when her class came on stage, I'm pretty sure it was just about the cutest thing they had seen in their entire lives. We were really proud of her for having no fear and doing so well. We all enjoyed a post-dance recital trip to Dairy Queen for ice cream.

Backstage during rehearsal Friday afternoon:




Waiting during rehearsal (we were SO happy that they were #2 on the LONG list of dances):


Practicing the "end of the show" bow (and leaving a trail of pink feathers everywhere):




And a really poor quality video I took during the rehearsal. Amelia is second from the left.



Her official dance portrait (with cast):


She had been telling me that she didn't want to take dance again next year and I was kind of happy about that. (I don't think she liked going to class after a long day of school.) But after the recital she said she wanted to do it again. I guess we'll see what happens in the Fall...

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Amelia!! You look so cute out there on stage doing your dance. You must have practiced for a long time to learn all of those steps. Glad the cast came off just in time for the show!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...