After going through the Santa piles, we unwrapped gifts under the tree and then had a big breakfast of German pancakes, sausage, and bacon. We went to church in the afternoon and then spent the rest of the day doing puzzles, playing games, checking out new toys, and eating.
| Santa piles...pre-destruction. |
| Oliver's Santa stuff. |
| Exploring their craft totes from Grandma and Grandpa Black. |
| Elsa was SO thrilled with every present she opened, usually proclaiming "This is what I always wanted!" |
| Animal blankets from Grandma and Grandpa Olsen. |
| "Please, no photos. I'm sick." |
| This tent was a big hit. Pretty much ALL of the new toys eventually ended up inside. |
| Post-Christmas carnage! |
| My surprise from Ben! |
| Ben's surprise from me. It was no easy task to find a place to hide this giant/heavy thing. |
| Yummy German pancakes for breakfast. |
| Elsa's favorite Santa gift by far...she is on this thing all. day. long. |
Amelia's initial reaction to her pile of Santa presents was pretty funny (see video below). I think she was a bit overwhelmed at first but eventually started noticing everything and getting really excited. Elsa also took a minute to figure out what was hers. Everyone had fun exploring their new toys (and we spent the next two days getting everything out of that pesky plastic).
The second video shows Amelia's reaction to what I knew would be a very exciting gift for her...a new Thea Stilton book. Amelia LOVES Thea Stilton books and has read every one (she says she has "hearts in her eyes for Thea Stilton"). I found out that a new one had been released right before Christmas. We always get them from the library and I knew she would be thrilled with her very own copy.
No comments:
Post a Comment