Tuesday, November 20, 2012

richmond: the zoo

We ended our Richmond adventure with a trip to the Richmond Zoo. We hadn't been in several years and I knew the kids would love it. It's such a great zoo. Tons of animals but not exhausting to see everything. And you can get much closer animal interactions than you can at the National Zoo in D.C. (especially if you climb through fences which Oliver might have done, more than once). There was hardly anyone there so we felt like we had the zoo to ourselves.
















Oliver was in love with the giraffes.


Oliver climbed over a rope to get closer to these birds and they all flew right into his face. He laughed hysterically and tried to do it again.




This picture was taken right before Oliver managed to squeeze through the fence into the deer enclosure. I had to run to catch him and lifted him out just before he ran straight for the deer. Amelia was screaming and hysterical, fearing that Oliver was in great danger. Those deer look pretty friendly, right? This was also the only time we encountered other people on the trail. I'm sure they didn't judge our parenting. At least the tiger enclosures were more carefully guarded.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad he didn't try to get close to any wild dogs! I can't wait to visit this zoo!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...