Saturday, October 26, 2013

Hudson River Valley: The Great Jack O'Lantern Blaze

The main event of our New York trip was the The Great Jack O'Lantern Blaze in Croton-on-Hudson (near Sleepy Hollow). I can't begin to describe how amazing this was. Over 5,000 hand-carved jack o'lanterns illuminated and set up in these amazing displays (900 are real pumpkins that have to be re-carved each week, the rest are hand-carved artificial pumpkins called funkins). There were snakes slithering along the ground, a field of sunflowers, a creepy cemetery, spiders and a huge spider web, an undersea aquarium and sea serpent, dinosaurs, and so much more! It was amazing. My pictures don't do it justice at all. And for some reason I didn't take any photos of our group. I guess I was too enthralled with the pumpkins.


Beehive with bees flying around it.











There were three of these huge cubes and we weren't sure what they were until we had almost passed them and a creepy pumpkin head popped out of the top. Jack O'Lantern in the box!


The Tunnel O' Pumpkin Love.








Headless horseman out of legos in the Museum of Pumpkin Art.


This kid passed out about halfway through.

3 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for this post since you first mentioned you went. i need to go there someday. New bucket list item. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! And those pictures of Sleepy Hollow cemetery? Incredible. I'm hiring you to be my travel agent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great trip! I want to do the whole thing exactly as you have. Thanks for always sharing your great adventures!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...