Saturday, November 30, 2013

the little house that could.

We started getting our house ready to put on the market at the beginning of the summer. We had a preliminary home inspection so there wouldn't be any big surprises. We made most of the fixes from that report in addition to a long list of small cosmetic updates. We were pretty much doing home improvement projects for four months straight. (By we I mean Ben.) We ended up doing almost all of it ourselves to save money. Ben is quite the handy man. I was mostly in charge of making sure the inside of the house looked good.

It's hard to believe this is no longer our house. We have loved living here and have loved this house. And despite what everyone is always telling us, that we "survived" so long in such a small house, it has been just right. And we did much more than survive. 

These are the photos that were taken for the real estate listing.  Our house was definitely the cleanest it had ever been.



















The green looks extra bright and crazy in these photos.







Unfortunately there was some unusually hot and dry weather right before we put the house on the market so the lawn had pretty much dried up. (In the photo above you can see the shed that Ben built earlier this year to be his home office.)










2 comments:

  1. I sure hope the new owners don't change anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this house. I remember every time I came into it just admiring all the detail and uniqueness it had. You guys made it absolutely adorable! Such a fun house with such fun memories!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...