Monday, November 17, 2014

Halloween

Halloween is probably my least favorite holiday. I just don't get excited about it and I'm usually just happy to get it over with so I can get back to enjoying Fall. But the kids love it so I try to play along.

The girls had a book character parade at school on Halloween. Amelia went as Hermione from Harry Potter and Elsa went as Gabby from the Neverland Girls.



As soon as the girls got home from school, we raced to make dinner, eat, carve pumpkins, and get costumes on before it got dark. Ben's travel schedule for work has been crazy and he was out of town most evenings so pumpkin carving kept getting delayed. But mostly it was delayed because I kind of hate doing it.

Amelia dressed as Astrid from How to Train Your Dragon, Elsa was a witch, Oliver was an astronaut, and Simon was a monkey (and not a fan of his costume). He mostly just wanted to eat suckers. We went trick-or-treating in our neighborhood for the first time. We only have about 20 houses on our street and not that many kids so I wasn't even sure if people would be handing out candy. But almost everyone was home (or had left a bowl of candy on the porch) and gave the kids handfuls of candy since there weren't that many kids. One house even handed out the legendary full size candy bars. We enjoyed walking around on such a warm evening and despite there being only 20 houses, it still took us over an hour. Long driveways. The girls had fun sorting their candy at the end of the night (they had quite a big loot from the ward's trunk-or-treat earlier in the week too) and Amelia even made a list of her inventory.














Amelia hates, I mean REALLY hates, having her picture taken these days. But she loved posing in her costume so I had to take advantage. She also quickly made an axe all on her own while I was helping the others get into their costumes.












1 comment:

  1. Well, I can't relate to NOT liking Halloween because we LOVE it but I do find carving pumpkins an unpleasant chore and my kids LOVE it. Jamie hates it too so we didn't even carve them last year, which caused tears, so I knew we had to do it this year. The one night I designated for pumpkin carving Jamie came home *LATE* from work so I had to carve all four by myself. At least the kids were happy, right? Amelia is so cute! I'm sad she doesn't want her picture taken. At least you got some good ones on Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...