Friday, March 10, 2017

D.C. to myself

Ben has been traveling a lot for work lately and he wanted to give me a break and send me on a solo weekend getaway. It was hard to find a weekend that worked but we finally had an open weekend at the end of February. It also happened to be the opening weekend of the big Kusama "Infinity Mirrors" exhibit at the Hirshhorn in D.C. and I was able to get tickets so it worked out perfectly. I drove up to D.C. Thursday around 4 p.m. right after Ben got home from a work trip to Texas. Just driving alone was really nice. I brought lots of music to listen to as well as several podcasts. Ben used his hotel points to get me a room at the Residence Inn in Rosslyn. It turned out to be a great location, close to a metro stop and an easy walk to Georgetown. It was strange to be in a hotel all by myself, but really nice, relaxing and restful.

I took my time getting ready Friday morning and eventually hopped on the metro and took it to Capitol South. I stopped at the Library of Congress and wandered around a bit. It's one of the most beautiful buildings in D.C. and I hadn't been there in years. The weather was amazing for February. Mid-70s and sunshine. I walked past the Supreme Court and the Capitol and headed to the National Gallery of Art to explore the recently reopened East Wing. It was so nice to wander an art museum at my own pace and not worry about curious little hands touching things.








 


































No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...