Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Vacation Part 1: Mexico!

We enjoyed the most fabulous trip to Mexico and Arizona and are still trying to adjust to real life again, and Eastern time. It was so nice to relax and hang out with family and enjoy the scenery. My poor dad ended up with pneumonia and spent most of the vacation bed-ridden. So sad. We stayed in a fabulous beach house in Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) and pretty much had the entire beach to ourselves. During our first sunrise stroll on the beach, I didn't see another person. There was a full moon while we were there and the high and low tides were so extreme. It was amazing.


Low tide...great for sea shell collecting and wading in calm waters.


High tide...the water came right up to our steps.


The beautiful view from our patio.


The cousins playing in the sand.






Ben searching for sea creatures.




Playing in the waves.


Amelia loved screaming and running from the waves. She was attached to her cousin Naomi the whole time.






One of the few pictures I have of my dad, before he was quarantined.








Amelia and Naomi had the most scenic play spot in the house on this fun window seat. They spent a lot of time up there playing with Naomi's Polly Pockets.




Eating delicious kabobs.


Enjoying s'mores on the patio under the full moon.


Amelia organizes her shells.










Amelia at the market.


My poor dad. We went into town to get some tacos. He managed to get out of the car and made it this far. Everyone thought he was a homeless man.

6 comments:

  1. That trip looks amazing (except for your poor Dad--so sad). I'll have to get some info from you. Andrew's family has been in the talking stages of a fam trip to Mexico for about a year now. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous to just be on the beach. Where were you in Mexico? Looks so nice....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaahhhh. So fabulous! I'm so glad you all got to do that! Everything (aside from poor uncle Bob) looked amazing! Was the water warm?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looked so beautiful! I'm so glad you guys got to go. Oh, I love the beach.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...