On our last day in Arizona, almost everyone had left and we had a morning free before our flight. I thought the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix would be a fun place to go and we lucked out because there was this amazing exhibit going on, Chihuly: The Nature of Glass. I remember seeing some of his work during the Olympics in Salt Lake. The desert setting was a remarkable place for the contrasting glass sculptures. It was beautiful.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Vacation Part 4: Chihuly in the desert
A HUGE thank you to my parents for providing such an awesome vacation, and especially to my mom for planning it all. Can't wait for the next one.
On our last day in Arizona, almost everyone had left and we had a morning free before our flight. I thought the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix would be a fun place to go and we lucked out because there was this amazing exhibit going on, Chihuly: The Nature of Glass. I remember seeing some of his work during the Olympics in Salt Lake. The desert setting was a remarkable place for the contrasting glass sculptures. It was beautiful.
















On our last day in Arizona, almost everyone had left and we had a morning free before our flight. I thought the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix would be a fun place to go and we lucked out because there was this amazing exhibit going on, Chihuly: The Nature of Glass. I remember seeing some of his work during the Olympics in Salt Lake. The desert setting was a remarkable place for the contrasting glass sculptures. It was beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coming from Seattle-ish I have to love Chihuly--but I really do! How fun that you were able to see this.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! All your vacation photos are wonderful!!!!!!! What a great adventure, and so warm too. :) I still can't believe the stingray incident. How crazy. What I do love is the illustration you found to accompany your story. It is GREAT!
ReplyDeleteLove you, Sarah!
Beautiful. I love Chihuly. I first saw his work in Chicago and was amazed. What a fun vacation.
ReplyDeleteAwesome vacation. I have never been to Arizona, would love to someday-and the beach, love it!! Those glass sculptures are amazing!!! I would love to see something like that.
ReplyDeleteHow's your foot? I hope you are back to normal soon:)
Love these, a need a few in my yard to beautify things a bit- if that is even possible!
ReplyDelete