Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mini golf + Mexican = good



Ben and I had a fun date Monday night at the H Street Country Club in D.C. They serve delicious Mexican food and have a crazy D.C.-themed mini golf course. We love going out during the week to avoid crowds and we were able play through the course a few times.

Ben and I both ordered the Tres Gorditas:

(Masa puffs with three toppings: roasted pumpkin
& poblano peppers, zucchini with basil & Cotija cheese, Mexican
scrambled eggs. So yummy.)

The golf course:








This was a crazy hole. You had to hit the ball up the steps of the Lincoln Memorial and get it to land right in the middle without rolling back down.


I was quite pleased with my hole-in-one...until I had to reach into the hole to retrieve my ball and saw this:



The crazy Marion Barry statue, a la The Awakening.





We stopped at Union Station on the way home. Somehow Ben had never been there and it is a pretty amazing building. It was fun to walk around there at night and strange to see it so empty.











5 comments:

  1. i was wondering if there were any indoor golf places around. you always find the coolest places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! And ditto Kristi...your blog is my official guide to DC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. Was that a live mouse?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that mouse real? I must know.

    Hey, Sarah, check this out!
    http://mustardandsage.wordpress.com/2009/07/16/refashion/
    An adult version of Amelia's shirt dresses! Have you seen it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mouse was not real. But quite convincing. Thanks for the link. The adult shirt dresses are very cute...I was trying to figure out how to make one for myself.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...