
We wanted to have a bunch of friends over for a summer BBQ and we decided a Wisconsin theme would be fun. The idea started with brats and frozen custard and then just escalated from there. When we were in Michigan, we loaded the back of our car with Sprecher Root Beer (brewed in Wisconsin) because it was much cheaper to buy it there than the few places that sell it here. (Although I'll never see my 10 cent bottle deposit again!)
My dad sent me some cow paraphernalia he had laying around his office to use for decorations and I was finally able to break out the huge inflatable cow he gave me years ago that always decorated my college apartments.
Ben cookin' up the brats and dogs.
We had about 60 people in our backyard (including 2 from Wisconsin!)
The cow pinata. Only one minor injury was incurred. The kids were quite eager to beat that poor cow.
Amelia takes a swing at it.
How many kids can you fit in a sandbox?
The Desserts:
Cupcakes and sugar cookies.
Yes, those are cow shaped sprinkles.
And yes, they do sell a cookie cutter in the shape of Wisconsin.
Authentic Wisconsin frozen custard from the Dairy Godmother.
Cow tales.
oh my goodness can you throw a party or what?! i'm impressed and growing up with you in wisconsin -you really did the state well.
ReplyDeleteAre you serious? You guys are hilarious! I love the cow/Wisconsin theme.
ReplyDeleteWe had a blast! Thanks for all the planning and hard work. It was so fun! On Wisconsin!!
ReplyDeleteHoly Cow! That is amazing. Cow tales? really? You are brilliant.
ReplyDeleteI meant to say sell, not well...early morning typing is not my best.
ReplyDeleteI meant to say sell, not well...early morning typing is not my best.
ReplyDeleteFun stuff! They well that rootbeer here and I've always wondered about it. I'll have3 to pick some up next time.
ReplyDeleteWe had so much fun!! Thanks for the invite...it was well worth the trip. I realized when we left that I didn't take a single picture. Bummer! I hope to be seeing you soon.
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing. period.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like such a blast! You continue to always amaze me (and inspire me)
ReplyDeletebest bbq ever!!!!
ReplyDelete