Friday, August 14, 2009

The wedding festivities...with a view.

We spent the weekend up Little Cottonwood Canyon at the Alta Lodge for Matt (Ben's brother) and Amanda's wedding. It was so beautiful there. Chilly. But beautiful. We attended the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner Friday evening. Saturday morning we went on a hike to see all the wildflowers. They were amazing. The mountainsides were covered. In the afternoon we dropped Amelia and Elsa off with my mom, who was in town, and she kept the girls overnight at my Grandma's house while Ben and I attended the wedding, dinner, and reception. Thanks mom! It was nice to have a kid-free evening and morning.




A moose wandered by during the rehearsal.


Matt and Amanda giving directions during the rehearsal.


Ben with all of his siblings and his parents.


Our Saturday morning hike. It must have only been about 45 degrees up in the mountains that morning. We didn't pack for such weather so the girls were pretty cold during the hike. But it was soooo gorgeous.












Ben and me just before the wedding ceremony.


The beautiful couple.


The ceremony was really nice. Amanda's brother and sister are both professional opera singers and they sang a duet together that was amazing, especially in the mountain setting.


This was my view during the wedding dinner. So pretty. The reception was really fun, especially watching Ben and others bust it up on the dance floor. I didn't get any pictures, but I think some video was taken....Rachel?


Me, Ben, and his parents after we had just stuffed ourselves during the fabulous Sunday morning brunch buffet. It was so pleasant to sit out on the patio in the sun and enjoy the scenery and yummy food. Did I mention we ate a lot? There was no way to choose so I tried just about everything: waffles, cinnamon roll, croissant, sausage, bacon, potatoes, potato pancake, fresh fruit, spinach crepe, and a cheese blintz. And then there was dessert. Creme brulee, chocolate mousse, chocolate cake, and cream puffs. There was more, but that was as far as I got. A delicious ending to a lovely weekend.

3 comments:

  1. These pictures are beautiful!! What a nice break from humid Virginia in the summer. It was fabulous seeing you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous backdrop for a wedding. And might I add that you look stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pearls turned out really well with the dress!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...