Sunday, August 30, 2009

Family Fun Day

Despite all the work that needed to get done around the house and yard, we decided yesterday would be family fun day. The fun actually started Friday night when Ben suggested we have a movie night. Amelia and I headed to the grocery store for pizza and treats and Ben set up our air mattress in the living room. We piled on the pillows and blankets and watched The Neverending Story.

Saturday we headed to Downpour Water Park for some swimming action. There were so few people there that I thought it was closed when we arrived. It was so nice to experience a water park without crowds. They had a few big slides for Ben and I to do which was fun. And of course we couldn't resist playing a round a mini golf after swimming. We had the course all to ourselves. We stopped for some dinner on the way home and a huge thunderstorm struck while we were eating. The only thing to do was order the Chocolate Tall Cake and wait out the storm. The girls loved it. Tonight we finished off the weekend with a BBQ for dinner. Just as we were about to eat, another rainstorm came through. We decided to stay outside anyway and eat huddled under the patio umbrella. Hooray for family fun day!

















1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I watched Neverending Story again recently with my kids and I wonder how or why I liked that movie as a kid (other than Atrayu, he was pretty cute!)It moves so slow and it truly seems to go on forever!!! Sounds like you guys had a great weekend together. Good luck Ben, We hope you enjoy your time in Turkey and Sarah I hope that the five weeks will go by quickly. Love you all-

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...