Monday, February 15, 2010

Monumental Snow

We were finally ready to escape the house so we ventured downtown to see how the monuments looked in the rare snowy landscape. Plus, it seemed like an appropriate activity for Presidents Day weekend. It was COLD. But it felt good to be out walking around. Even if it was a dangerous ice-covered walk. I know that this area isn't equipped to handle a lot of snow, but the attempts to clear any sidewalks anywhere have been ridiculous. Amelia loved "ice skating" down the paths though.




























(These sidewalks were pure ice.)

2 comments:

  1. you guys are so adventuresome...but it sure looks beautiful. I would love to try that if I could get Darin to go:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the V-day breakfast. Your crepes are yummy! Did you take the metro to get down town...or did you actually drive?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...