There were some crazy adults shoving children out of the way (at the children's pavilion) to get their hands on the tote loaded with stuff for kids. It was amusing. But Amelia had a blast wandering around the Pavilion of the States collecting little goodies for her bag and she loved seeing all of her favorite characters from the PBS kids shows that she loves. Elsa didn't care for the giant characters.
We didn't last too long because it was HOT. Really hot. And Ben had to go in to work for a bit (at least he wasn't in Turkey this year). So I abandoned my original plan to take advantage of Museum Day and we headed home to play in the pool.
A sea of totes.
Amelia with Sid the Science Kid. This was a huge change from last year when she wouldn't go near the characters for a photo. A highlight from last year was meeting the real Mr. McFeely and getting his autograph.
Amelia with her loot.
Elsa was excited about her new Cat in the Hat book.
Amelia with the Cat in the Hat (Elsa's new favorite PBS show...although she didn't want to get near him)
That festival looks like fun. That's it, next year I'm definitely going. Oh, and book Amelia made is SO cute!
ReplyDeleteIt is so fun to see all our friends going to the same place, and we never ran into anyone. The joys of crowds. Swimming would have been nice after that hot day
ReplyDeleteMoving, human-sized renditions of any cartoon character are alarming.
ReplyDeleteThat looks awsome!
ReplyDeleteNaomi
I haven't checked your blog in a while. I couldn't BELIEVE how many people wanted the bags. And, I was silly. Every year in the past target has handed out water. Um, this year? Not so much. I gave Jayme and the kids my water bottle, then about died of heat exhaustion! I loved hearing so many of the authors, though.
ReplyDelete