Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Living Room Reveal

Remember the wall? The one that took us a few months to finish? Well, we finished it. And then it took me a few months to post about it. I guess I was waiting until our living room was 100% finished. But I'm still searching for a few finishing touches. And since I'm always changing things, it will probably never be finished.

The stenciled wall:




We were really tired of our living room. The style was never really us. And the furniture made it feel way too cramped.

The before:

(Originally there was a matching love seat squished in there. Those paintings had been floating up there for a few years ever since we moved the armoire to the corner. Definitely time for a makeover.)

AFTER:




BEFORE:


AFTER:

couch (which converts to a bed!): major bargain at World Market
rug: carpet squares from FLOR


metal chair and orange geometric chair: World Market
side table: thrift store ($15!)


blue chair: Urban Outfitters
tv stand: Modern Mobler (great store in DC with mid-century modern furniture)




My mom made the pillow covers with Joel Dewberry fabric I got on Etsy.


Our old curtain rod was sagging. We changed it out for plumbing! I love repurposing things. I might attempt to spray paint this a copper color.


This clock used to hang in my Grandpa's grocery store back in the 50s. Then it moved to the meat shop behind his house. My cousins and I would play in there all the time and I always loved this clock. I'm so glad I was able to snag it. It had been hiding in my dining room but I realized it was a perfect match for the new living room. It actually works perfectly and even lights up. The cord is too short right now so we're working on a solution that doesn't involve a huge extension cord hanging on the wall.

7 comments:

  1. Amazing, Sarah. As good-if not better-than anything you would see on any of those reality decorating shows!!! And it really is YOU. LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, i LOVE it. it looks so good! you should come do a living room redesign for me—i wouldn't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--there is so much that I love about this room! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's talk about how much I love your honeycomb wall! I have a honeycomb obsession. I can't believe the 'before' was even yours! Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So awesome!! I really hope you're sending your before and after pictures in to design sponge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I love it! I love it! Everything. Great colors. Great pieces of furniture. Wow! Feels so open.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks fantastic!!! And I love that the Crush clock seems to fit seamlessly into all your designs. Amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...