We spent a few hours kayaking in the morning. (Thanks to everyone for pitching in to watch our kids throughout the week!) It was really beautiful and peaceful. We kayaked in the Currituck Sound near the lighthouse. A bunch of our group had done a sunset kayak tour the night before so it was just me, Ben, and Dan.
One more afternoon at the beach. Everyone built a HUGE sand castle. The kids did not want to leave. We also saw a lot of dolphins out in the ocean this day. And we got pinched by a lot of crabs in the water. But I'll take crabs over stingrays any day.
One last bike ride to the lighthouse:
We headed home Saturday morning and stopped in Kitty Hawk to see the Wright Brothers Memorial.
Amelia was very excited that everyone signed her cast on the last night. Her cast didn't slow her down at all (the waterproof version is pretty amazing) and she has been so good about not complaining about it.
We were sad to see everyone leave and we're already looking forward to 2013!
Mexico 2009 for comparison:
Great photos! I can't believe you got a group shot without any problem faces. Fun to see the comparison photo. I think we all got more sun this time around.
ReplyDeleteI'm ready to do it again!! What an awesome trip, and I love the goofy picture!
ReplyDeleteLove it. What a fun looking trip. So glad you guys enjoyed it. I realized after Ethan hung up the phone that he didn't tell Amelia who was calling. Whoops. :)
ReplyDelete