And...they match my pillows!
Monday, December 19, 2011
cupcake garland
In addition to finding fabulous fabric for pillows at Ikea, I also grabbed some of these paper cupcake liners (well, they're more for candy and chocolates). I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them, but they were pretty. I thought I would try stringing them together to make a pretty garland. It worked surprisingly well and was quite easy and fast. I was planning on making several strands of varying length and hanging them from a doorway, but for now I've only made one and it's enjoying a spot on the Christmas tree.
And...they match my pillows!

And...they match my pillows!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
super cute! i have seen cupcake liner garlands around but flattened and done like flowers (if that makes sense), but i really like this version.
ReplyDeleteThanks Hannah! And yes, I know exactly what you're talking about with the flattened version. I thought I would attempt this way to showcase the design a bit more, but I'm curious what the other way would look like. Good thing there were over 200 liners in the pack!
ReplyDeleteCrazy cute Sarah!
ReplyDeleteThanks Michelle!
ReplyDeleteI like your version of the garland best.
ReplyDeleteHow did you fasten them together?
ReplyDeleteI just used a needle and white thread.
Delete