Ben's family got together in Branson, Missouri, a few weeks ago for a reunion. His parents and five of his six siblings were there. Branson just happened to be a central meeting place and within driving distance for several people. We rented a huge (like 13,000 sq ft huge) house on Table Rock Lake, aptly named The Mansion on Table Rock Lake (11 bathrooms, 6 fireplaces, and an elevator). Elsa referred to it as the cousin house. I think she's still under the impression that one of her cousins actually lives there (just like she still thinks Aunt Steph owns a huge
beach house at the Outer Banks). The kids were beyond excited to explore every nook and cranny when we arrived. Oliver was thrilled with all of the stairs and opportunities to wander. He didn't know where to begin when we arrived so he just started squealing with delight. Within 10 minutes he had ended up in a toilet (as in standing in a toilet, shoes and pants soaked) and had locked himself in a closet. He's lucky we even heard him crying.
The best part about the house were the stunning views of the lake.
 |
| The theater room was a popular spot. |
 |
| Elsa poses in the wine cellar. |
 |
| Making use of all the counter space. |
That is an amazing house!!! I'm wondering if Oliver got up on that counter by himself? And I love the wine cellar pic. Very cool.
ReplyDeleteCompletely freaked out by elsa in the wine cellar. Looks like a still from The Shining.
ReplyDeleteWOW that is an amazing house! It looks like it was a blast!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic family reunion! I love the house and the view. That's funny about Elsa thinking Steph owns the Outer Banks house - James is sure it belongs to Naomi for some reason. I showed him these photos, and now he's asking "how am I going to have a potato sack race?".
ReplyDeleteI do miss my Outer Banks house. ;) That mansion is beautiful. What a location! Love all the pix. Sounds wonderful. And that fireplace is massive, especially compared to little Oliver.
ReplyDelete