Ben and I finished up the Lettuce Eat Cake weight loss contest (started by my sister-in-law Julie) a few weeks ago. It's a 12-week contest to encourage healthier habits. We did it last year with great results (I lost 30 pounds and came in first, Ben came in third).
I lost 23 pounds this time around and came in first again! Ben lost 22 pounds and was third place. I decided to give up sweets and desserts entirely for about the first 6 weeks. That was a huge help. We also stopped going out to eat for several weeks. Ben started running regularly again and I enjoyed doing pilates. My progress slowed down toward the end. Probably because I started testing out recipes on my sweet tooth pinterest board. And we resumed the DC burger challenge. But we're both hoping to make it to 30 pounds lost in the next month.
Hooray for being healthier and shopping for new clothes with my prize money! And thanks for doing the contest again Julie.
wow. congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Sarah! That's amazing. I can't imagine giving up sweets for 6 weeks. Good for you.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to both of you!!
ReplyDelete